Webinar: Converting Legacy Assets to SOA
SOA is all about better business integration and agility in the face of continuous change, and according to the 2010 Nexaweb IT Modernization Survey, easier application integration and changeability are the top two drivers behind most modernization efforts. Therefore, it’s no surprise then that legacy systems, which form the bulk of enterprise IT assets, should be the focus of SOA enablement efforts.
SOA thought leader and practitioner, Jason Bloomberg of ZapThink, and application modernization expert and Nexaweb CTO, Rob Gagne, will cover the following topics in a 1-hour webinar:
• SOA 2011 – SOA was popularized 10 years ago, what are today’s SOA definitions, expectations and progress?
• Capturing legacy assets for reuse – how to find, understand and document reusable assets within legacy host, client/server and early web application code.
• Transforming legacy assets to SOA-enabled services
• Deploying SOA-enabled Cloud and Web 2.0 applications
• Legacy to SOA Case Studies – project drivers, scope, duration, approach, results
Thu, Feb 10, 2011 2:00 PM – 3:00 AM EST