ZapForum Webcast — Practical Approaches for Optimizing SOA Performance
“Practical Approaches To Optimizing SOA Performance”
Guest Experts: Michael Leventhal, Sr. Director, XML Products, Tarari and Tim Triemstra, VP, Product Strategy, Rogue Wave Software
- Understand where the performance bottlenecks are
- What are the tricks and techniques for surmounting efficiency problems?
- Learn about software, hardware, and other means for optimizing performance
Setting the Stage: ZapThink Analysts
Companies are very familiar with the primary benefit of SOA being business agility, but what about performance? How can we implement SOA without having to bear the brunt of its inefficiency and complexity? Is Web Services the real barrier to efficiency, or is there something about SOA, no matter how we implement it, that causes inefficiencies?
Guest Expert: Michael Leventhal, Sr. Director, XML Products, Tarari
Michael will explain how SOA-aware network appliances can offload common functionality from the application server in order to reduce XML processing complexity and make the network more manageable, as well as utilize specialized network devices to do XML processing tasks much better and faster than multiple application servers duplicating that functionality.
- Learn how to mitigate application-server based SOA performance problems by leveraging XML hardware-accelerated network appliances
- Learn how to reduce SOA complexity and Web Services programming by leveraging XML hardware-accelerated network appliances
- Learn how to reduce costs and time to market using intelligent, SOA-aware network devices
Guest Expert: Tim Triemstra, VP, Product Strategy, Rogue Wave Software
Tim will discuss how many companies today, particularly those in transaction-intensive industries such as financial services, are now demanding increased levels performance in their applications, in some cases by orders of magnitude. Tim will explore practical techniques to accomplish this goal, including parallel processing, access to XML and non-XML data and how to encapsulate any software component as a service.
- Learn practical approaches for increasing performance from your SOA applications by restructuring your software architecture to address processing bottlenecks.
- Better understand the business requirement challenges to successfully implement parallel application logic.
This 34-page presentation is formatted as a pdf document with two slides per page. It contains the slide content only; to view the full Webcast, please see the ZapThink Web site.