ZapForum Webcast: SOA Practitioner’s Experience – From Theory to Deployment
“SOA Practitioner’s Experience – From Theory to Deployment”
Guest Experts: Steve Field, Vice President, Enterprise Integration Consulting, Tier1 Innovation and Adil Soofi, Managing Consultant, Adea Solutions
- Learn from real-world SOA deployments
- What are some of the unexpected roadblocks to SOA adoption?
- What real ROI are companies realizing from their SOA implementations?
Setting the Stage: ZapThink Analysts
Interested in hearing about what’s actually going on in real-world SOA deployments? Then join ZapThink analysts for this high-value webcast that’s sure to help you figure out where the SOA rubber meets the road.
Guest Expert: Steve Field, Vice President, Enterprise Integration Consulting, Tier1 Innovation
SOA is a fundamental shift in how to build solutions from loosely-coupled components. Steve will clarify what is essential for realizing benefits from SOA. He will show how to follow a SOA Roadmap to move from initial concepts and pilots, to full composite application capabilities and real business benefits of reuse and agility. However, widespread deployment requires incremental development of SOA infrastructure. People development becomes as important as technology — skills, methods, and comfort zones.
- Key Takeaways:
- What defines true SOA compliant solutions — the test for loose coupling
- Critical SOA infrastructure — where you need best of breed and where you need more than “standards”
- The skills curve and organization scalability
- 8 step SOA Roadmap to deliver value, build competences and make SOA “mainstream”
Guest Expert: Adil Soofi, Managing Consultant, Adea Solutions
Companies interested in adopting SOA must do proper due diligence and planning to ensure success. It is essential that realistic expectations be set and efforts be properly prioritized before launching any initiative. Hear from Adil Soofi, Managing Consultant at Adea Solutions, about how to implement proper planning and service selection to make SOA work for you..
- Insight into a framework for SOA adoption planning
- Learn about an SOA readiness assessment
- Hear about key elements of a SOA operating model