What We Collect
Through your use of the Sites we may collect a variety of information about you in several ways, including:
- Personal Information You Give Us. We may collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, fax number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation) as well as other information you directly give us on our Sites.
- Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to the information we get from these Sites.
- Information Automatically Collected. We may automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Sites, we may log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, IP address, geographical information, time zone, the website you visited before browsing to our Sites, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Sites. Cookies. We may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Sites. This type of information is collected to make these Sites more useful to you, to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs, and to analyze our Sites’ traffic information. Information collected from cookies may be used by our Sites’ developers, business executives, or content providers to improve our Sites and our offered services.
- Third-party analytics. We may use information from third parties to assess and improve the effectiveness of our Sites and how users engage with it.
- Statistical and/or aggregated data that does not directly identify a specific person.
Use of Personal Information
We may use your personal information as follows:
- To operate, maintain, and improve our Sites, products, and services.
- To provide you with information you request or opt-in to receive.
- To process and deliver contest entries and rewards.
- To respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- To send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- To communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- To link or combine user information with other personal information.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- To provide and deliver products and services customers request.
- To process resumes or other information you may submit when applying for jobs with the Company.
Sharing of Personal Information
We may share personal information in the following ways:
- With your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- When we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- For legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- To comply with laws.
- To respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- In an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- With those who need it to do work for us.
- When such sharing is necessary or appropriate to prevent harm or financial loss, including, but not limited to, an investigation of cybersecurity concerns or other fraudulent or illegal activity
- Any other legal purpose.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
Information Choices and Changes
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Sites with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Sites works for you.
This Policy applies only to our Sites. Clicking on certain links may re-direct you to third-party websites that are not subject to our policies and control. We are not responsible in any way for the privacy practices, products, services, policies, content, or actions of third-party websites.
We welcome your comments or questions about this Policy. You may also contact us at our address:
The Dovel Group, LLC
7901 Jones Branch Drive
McLean, Virginia 22102
We may change this Policy from time to time. Your continued use of these Sites or provision of personal information after such changes indicate your acceptance of the revised Policy.
Rights of California Residents
The following privacy provisions for residents of the State of California (“California”) supplement the information contained in our Policy and apply only to individuals who reside in California. These provisions describe the rights of California residents under California law and explain how to exercise such rights.
The Right to Know
If you are a California resident you have the right, in accordance with applicable law and free of charge, to: 1) request that we disclose to you details about our Sites’ collection and use over the past 12 months of your personal information that we may have collected, used, disclosed, or sold; or 2) request to receive that personal information, when provided electronically, in a readily-useable format. Such details include:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- The business purpose for collecting or selling the personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information; and
- The categories of information that we sell or disclose about you.
Upon receipt of your request for disclosure of the information described above, we will acknowledge the request and may: 1) respond in accordance with California law; 2) request additional information to verify your identity; 3) clarify the nature of your request; or 4) or inform you if we cannot fulfill any part of your request due to an exception under California law.
The Right to Delete
California residents have certain rights regarding deletion of personal information that we collected from them and retained, subject to certain exceptions and in accordance with applicable law. To exercise such rights, you must submit a valid, verifiable request to us either by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. The verifiable request must provide sufficient information to enable us to reasonably confirm that you are the person from or about whom we collected personal information, or that person’s authorized representative. We will only use this information to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request, but the request should not contain sensitive personal information.
Once we receive and confirm your request, we will either: 1) delete, de-identify or aggregate your personal information; or 2) inform you of whether we are unable to fulfill any part of your request because of an exception under the law. We will respond to your request within 45 calendar days unless we notify you of the need to extend the response period by an additional 45 days.
California residents have the right to request that we not sell their personal information. To exercise that right, you may submit an opt-out request by emailing us at email@example.com with the subject header “Opt Out.”
In accordance with applicable law, we will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your California privacy rights.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Please note that this site does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.